CPB Transparency Requirements
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), which is the agency that provides federal funding for public television and radio stations, has determined that every public media entity should be as transparent as possible in its governance and finances. Therefore, WBGU-TV is providing the following information, to comply with CPB policy, for transparency in our finances and governance, and in the public interest.
1. A list of the governing Board of Directors for WBGU-TV, which is the Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees:
2. A list of the WBGU-TV Public Advisory Committee for Television Advisory Board:
3. Date, Time and Place of meetings of the WBGU-TV Governing Board:
4. Audited Financial Statement for fiscal year 2013:
7. WBGU-TV is not required to file a Form 990, therefore, according to CPB policy, the station is required to post compensation information as outlined in the Form 990. That information is as follows: WBGU-TV is a public television service of Bowling Green State University (BGSU), with funding support from the State of Ohio Legislature. Neither BGSU nor the State legislature are required to file an IRS Form 990. Had WBGU-TV (through BGSU or the State Legislature) been required to file an IRS Form 990, it would have identified the following information:
WBGU-TV, through its governing Board, the Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees, complies with Ohio's Public Records and Open Meetings Law, which together are known as "Ohio Sunshine Laws".