Get the TV experience you never thought you could get at college!
BGSU undergraduates in any discipline can be a part of BG on TV. This organization is all about making quality television aimed toward college students. We can use any help that you can provide, and in turn we offer a real TV production experience that is educational and resume-building.
BG on TV is a real TV program presented by WBGU-TV. It's all student run, but it is overseen by the TV station staff and put over the airwaves in all of Northwest Ohio. The organization uses WBGU-TV's equipment too; we shoot in 1080i (HD) and use other professional studio equipment. No other organization at BGSU can truly offer an experience quite like this!
So, what kind of staff positions are available at BG on TV? Simply stated: A LOT. Have a look at what you can do:
- Segment Producer - Produces individual stories/segments for the show.
- Show Producer - Oversees the production the entire episode including segments, writing, episode pacing, etc. Pre req: Segment Producer.
- Executive Producer - Oversees and manages the production of the entire series as a whole. Pre req: Show Producer.
- Writer - Writes broadcast copy for segments and in-studio material. May also write content for web and social media.
- Videographer/Camera: - Shoots field material along with segment producers for features and segments. May also operate in-studio camera. Pre req: Must clear camera training through WBGU-TV.
- Editor - Works with producers to put together the show and segments.
- Web Content Producer - Writes stories and blog entries for the website, moderates online community activities and regularly updates website.
- Webmaster - Develops and maintains the overall structure of the show's website and web presence. Works with web producers and production staff to coordinate projects for the web. Also, writes blog entries and stories for the web. Pre req: Strong background in HTML, CSS, Photoshop, and Flash.
- Host - Introduces segments in-studio, hosts field segments (interviewing, participating, and engaging with the community), and is the main image of the show. Notice: Hosts are competitively selected in the early Fall in an auditioning process.
- Field Correspondent - Hosts and provides commentary on the scene during field segment shoots. Notice: Field correspondents are selected during the Fall Host auditions.
You don't need any experience to get started with BG on TV (unless specified above). If you haven't produced anything, we'll help you and teach you as you go. This is a learning experience for all of us, after all!
So how do you get started? By e-mailing us! Let us know that you are interested, and we'll talk to you directly on how exactly you can get involved with the organization. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!